We have done it again! HRA PLANNING secures planning permission within the minimum 8 weeks of lodging the planning application this time from Tipperary County Council for a bio-energy research and development hosting facility.
The development provides a research and development facility for the bioenergy sector using emerging technologies and infrastructure that can support Ireland’s transition to a low carbon society. The hosting facility will enable examination of sustainable viability of the conversion of residual wastes and biomass products to energy sources and high value products using environmentally responsible processes. Activities include thermal treatment by ‘Pyrolysis’ using thermochemical degradation of organic material and ‘Gasificiation’ – a process that converts organic or fossil fuel based carbonaceous materials into carbon monoxide, hydrogen and carbon dioxide.
The project required a clear and robust understanding of the overlapping complexity of legislation’s relating to; landuse planning, waste management, environmental impact assessment, and the Habitats Directive ‘Appropriate Assessment’.
Services Provided by HRA PLANNING
- Seamless integration of Planning and Environmental Assessment services and reporting;
- Planning application strategy and management of the planning application process;
- Professional advise and support on statutory planning, and environmental legislative requirements for the purpose of making the planning application;
- Planing application report demonstrating compliance with planning policy;
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening report demonstrating why the statutory obligations for EIA did not apply;
- Habitats Directive (Article 6) Appropriate Assessment Screening Report demonstrating that the project would not adversely effect the Natura 2000 network.
Contact us to find out more about these services.